*New Perpetual Shield*
Swinford Country Market Perpetual Shield
will be awarded to
‘Best Junior Cookery Exhibitor’
With the highest premium points in
Classes 34 to 38.
Mary Mc Carthy
will be awarded to the best exhibit of
White or Brown Soda Bread.
The following conditions apply:
1. Entry fee: €3 per class. Prize Money: 1st €15; 2nd €10; 3rd €7 & 4th €5.
2. Under no circumstances will entries be accepted on Show Day
3. All exhibits must be in place for judging at 10.30am.
4. Items may not be removed before 4.30pm.
5. All entries must be the home-made work of exhibitor
6. A minimum of 7 entries needed for 4th prize to be awarded.
This section includes the following classes;
- Swinford Motors Perpetual Cup
- Mary McCarthy Perpetual Shield
- “Basic 4 Baking Challenge”
- Brown/White Soda Bread
- Health Loaf
- Harvest Fruit Loaf
- Madera Cake
- Fruit Tart
- Junior Section
- Jam Making
- Carrot Cake
- Honey Classes
The “Swinford Show” €400 Basic ‘4’ Baking Challenge
Prize Fund: 1st €125; 2nd €75; 3rd €60; 4th €40 and 5th to 10th €20
Sponsored by Swinford Show and J & E Hughes Fuel Oil
The Anne Nolan Perpetual Memorial Cup will be awarded to the winner of this class.
Competition Rules and Conditions:
♦ Each competitor must choose one item from each of the four sections (A, B, C, & D)
A. Brown Soda Bread or White Soda Bread
B. Shortcrust Pastry Tart of either Apple, Rhubarb or other seasonal Fruit
C. Swiss Roll or Victoria Sandwich (un-iced, and jam only – no cream)
D. Decorated Cup Cakes or Fruit Scones
- In section D, three of the chosen item are required.
The items must be freshly baked and the sole work of the exhibitor.
One exhibit only per person.
Items may be cut and sampled. Points will be awarded for taste, texture and display
A base 28’’ across X 20’’ deep approx. will be provided to display exhibit
Items to be displayed as follows:
‘Best Junior Cookery Exhibit’
Swinford Motors Ltd. (Toyota),
Will be awarded to the exhibitor in
classes 501 – 519 who secures the highest premium points.
Thank You to the Business who provided generous vouchers and goods to assist with fundraising:
- Bay Leaf Restaurant, Horkan’s Garden Centre, Castlebar
- Mayfly Hotel, Foxford
- Park Hotel Kiltimagh
- Foxford Woolen mills
- Downhill Leisure Centre Ballina
- “His ‘n Hers” Hair Salon, Bridge St, Swinford
- Kennedys Euro Spar, Swinford
- O Hara’s Bakery Foxford
- Gateway Hotel, Swinford
- Tara Café, Castlebar, proprietor Fiona Ryan
- Carmel’s Café, Market Street Swinford
- Corrib Oil, Swinford
- J & E Hughes Fuel Oil, Ballina
- Moneen Garden Centre, Castlebar (Kathy Kilcoyne)
- Sonia Sunflower Beautician, Swinford.